25 July 2010

Old Fashioned Ideas?

Morning,

I've just listened to an intriguing and entertaining interview with the Spurs manager, Harry Redknapp. In it he says that the problem with the England team, stems from the fact that we have lost our old fashioned methods of playing the beautiful game from a young age.

And I can see his point, completely. Back in the day, I remember playing Footy in the street, especially in the summer months till 9 or 10pm most evenings. Now, some 20 or so years later, those places are getting more and more reduced. Dare I say, outside Rooney and Gerrard, I am thinking hard of the last player of relevance that came from a working-class background outside of those two.

Perhaps we need to get back to those roots instead of continuing to go down this dark hole of nothingness.


- Posted Straight From The iPhone...

No comments: