31 July 2008

Considering My Options...

Today has been a difficult day, which is making me question my future where I currently and by extension, where I live.

We have been told that we will more likely than not be moving into a new office block that the company has bought within six weeks. That is all fine, however my workload is to increase yet there does not seem to me much change of a payrise to come from this extra work, which frankly has pissed me off, no end.

I had agreed to such work being passed onto me on the proviso that I would be paid accordingly. None of this seems likely to happen anytime soon.

The option of leaving for pastures new does feel like it needs to be considered and seriously. Such decisions cannot be taken lightly, as I have already decided in my own mind that if such a scenario was to happen, then I would leave Folkestone completely. Once you've worked I am working now, there is no other company who can offer the sort of lifestyle that I have become accustomed to in the last years.

London seems like the obvious option, withbthe high speed link coming down in the next year or so. The attractions of working in the capital are obvious, more money naturally, which could mean the likelihood of perhaps getting my own place which is a absolute pipedream right now.

Anyway these things will no doubt continue to cause concern for me in the coming days and weeks, I just have to hope that it all gets sorted to a conclusion that satisfies me....

Rob :)


Posted with LifeCast

No comments: