3 August 2008

Breathe In......and Relax

Costa Cafe, Folkestone

Morning,

I type this from the local Costa coffee place here in Folkestone, the weather is distictively humid and quite muggy, although cloudy hence why I think it might have been not the best idea walking up here with a bloody hoody on.

As Sub Sub's Past comes onto my itouch a couple of thoughts arouse me this morning. At a time when the economy is going down the shitter quicker than Liverpool's transfer budget, the idea of giving those who live in council properties, almost £40,000 towards a deposit for their own house seems to have come out of some desperate think-tank. It hasn't.

The idea had come from former Trade and Industry Secretary, Stephen Byers (note the word, former there). In his article in the Sundays, he believes that Chairman Brown has not been radical enough. Rather sensible than Radical in these worrying times.

The second thought that comes into focus is the ever continuing occupation of Iraq and it's resources by the U.K and our American cousins. With reports coming out of Baghdad that another 12 innocents have been slained in a suspected car bombing this morning, surely it is time that Brown actually does what he said in his manifesto and start the pull-out of troops. When Zapatero became Spanish PM in the aftermath of the Madrid Train Bombings, it was within weeks, not months that the first troops began arriving home.

So what's the fucking delay, Gordon?

As for my day, as you probably have guessed by now, I thought I'd give myself a day away from the gym. My legs are still stiff from yesterday, and to be honest that's not a bad thing. The last thing I want to be doing is getting towards the point of burnout. So we'll be back there tomorrow evening. Due to be meeting some friends later this afternoon, for a couple of drinks, non alcoholic for me, of course!!

Speak soon,

Rob :)

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: