1 March 2009

Scare Tactics

Afternoon,

As I write this, I read further fears in the newspapers that the security services in this country are gearing up for a summer of discontent, following the government capitulation to the banking sector and the subsequent propping up of certain failing institutions.

The mix of the middle classes and the usual suspects is seen as a potent cocktail for serious civil disorder not seen since the Poll Tax Riots in the early 1990s.

I cannot say I am surprised, if this is the case. The only thing I am amazed about is that it has not already kicked off. The riots in France in 2005, was down to two teenagers being chased by the local gendarme only to be ran over and killed. Similarly in Greece, in November 2008, a kid of 15 was 'accidentially' shot by the police and in both cases weeks upon weeks of violence happened.

It can be argued that with the government using taxpayers money to save financial institutions thus making us liable for their losses that we have arrived at that similar 'critical mass' moment.

The left-wing Class War group, has already come up with a novel idea to stay warm this winter....

Burn A Banker...

I shall not say no more, I cannot be seen encouraging violence....!

Rob :)

No comments: