28 February 2009

Just Need A Soulmate....

Afternoon all,

Bit of a somber post this afternoon, can be argued to be a bit of a self-pitying rant.

I cannot help but think that I am missing something in my life. Not in the money or job way, but personally. Having been single since I left school I have grown increasingly accustomed to being single and probably staying like that for probably eternity.

I know a lot of people will say that all you need to do is find a girl, wine and dine them and then if you get lucky, you'll get your leg-over at the end of the night.

I cannot be doing with that up to a point. I have already made it clear to myself that although there are some beautiful women with wonderful personalities at my place of work, that is one area which is purely out of boundaries. Although from the outside looking in, it may not seem that I take my work seriously, I do to such an extent that mixing business with pleasure is not my style.

Many will say, whether rightly or wrongly that this is a path to unhappiness, but perhaps that is better than showing yourself up to be something that you are not. I am not one of these people who will drink to excess, I have done that part of my life, loved every moment of it but I need to settle down. Leaving home will have a big bearing on this, escaping the clutches of those around me is vital towards the ultimate goal.

For the meantime however, the only thing I can do is just wish and hope that Miss Right is round the corner...

Rob :(

No comments: