15 February 2009

A Surreal Day...

Morning,

Sorry for not posting anything yesterday whilst in London. It was very cold and all my hands could do was to stay in the relatively warmer climates of my jacket pockets, similarly what they are mostly doing today!

However, that is not to say that we did not have a interesting day. Far from it, in fact, it needs to be put on record that it was a day I won't forget for sometime to come.

The day started being surrounded by dozens of girls seemingly in their way to some sort of Valentines Day event up in Maidstone, they were thankfully only on the train as far as Ashford where they left us!

I got my seat, and settled down listening to ASOT 2008, which got me in the mood for the Capital, as did my own 2 hour mix, which I had done especially for this trip, which in my eyes encapsulated the city!

Got into Charing Cross, just after 11am and the mood seemed not as buoyant as London had always shown to me before then. The same numbers were in the city, and the sales were very much still in evidence, something that sadly did not surprise me.

One bright spot of this was that I was able to get myself two Lyle and Scott vintage jumpers, instead of the intended one jumper, because they were down to half price, (£37, instead of £75!)

Bargain!

I also got myself a nice Ted Baker slim-fitting polo shirt (which is nowhere near as slim on me, than it should be! Reduced from £45 to £22) and a Superdry t-shirt (£25), both from House of Fraser.

Went over to Boots just over the road to see if I could get any decent smellies, as I have a major night next Friday to begin to get organized for. There I found Dolce and Gabbana's The One and Paco Rabanne's 1Million, which came in at just £60 for both.

Decided that, that was enough shopping for the day and proceeded back to the train station, where I thought I'd be able to relax and get the train home...

Some twat thought he'd accidentially spill his coke over my jeans, which more than upset me a bit. I replied that a bit further up and that would have been the most costly coke ever, referring to my iPhone, which thankfully was in my coat pocket. His words back to me were to the effect, "Fuck off, you rich cunt".

Nice.

Anyway, with that off my chest I proceeded to my seat, covered in coke spillage. The train set off and I began to relax again, when I began to realize that I was on the wrong part of the train, particularly as we went past Wye, not great!

Still at least I would be able to change out of my jeans and get some new ones. The adage 'Every Cloud..." came to mind!

Got them, and then got the train to Dover only to find that I would have to wait 40 minutes for the adjoining train back to Folkestone. I don't think so!

I knew that the bus, which went passed the station went to Folkestone, and considering it was £2.70, instead of having to pay at least a fiver for a taxi if I decided to get the train back to Folkestone. No Brainer!

Anyway, all in all it was a good day, if a bit ragged at time, need to do another post about one aspect which I have not mentioned yet, because it deserves it's own post for the questions that it poses me....

Rob :)

No comments: