10 September 2009

I am a Adult, not a fucking Child...

Morning,

Really low and down today, got to get into work early this morning as
I've agreed to do some overtime - however it just seems to me that the
slightest error I make whether that is at work or at home gets a
greater scrutiny than anyone else.

Now, that could be because of the situation that I find myself - being
still at home and been pressured by the family to be a little more
frugal in my lifestyle rather than the lazzierz-faire lifestyle that I
have grown accustomed to - arguments are going on between Mother and
Sister as I write. It is almost similar to the last days of my old
man being at home before he walked out - however I do not see such a
easy and clear-cut way out this time around and certainly not any time
soon.

Meanwhile, at work I am under investigation for the standard of call
quality that I am delivering right now - it's the third time this has
happened in recent months and considering that I get asked to deal
with calls that my manager would rather not deal with - and some of
the mistakes that are made and have to be subsequently remedied by us
are beyond belief. The standard of customer service in general
dropped like the proverbial stone in the time that I left to go
upstairs to work in the Internet department for 18 months and since
I've come back (reluctantly). Agents are talking back to managers in
a way that I could never think they would - the respect not just for
managers but also for those who have been here for years is not there.

All the above things are making me have to consider all potential
options at the moment - it feels like I am in a parallel universe with
school. Really, work right now really does feel like a fucking school
- it really does not feel like a workplace like it was upstairs. I
have implored time and again that the company need to make agents more
self-disciplined or else you need to get rid of them. The department
where I am right now has lost a lot of senior advisors in recent
months and this has not helped at all.

Seriously, people need to start acting their age and the company has
to force this upon them because if they don't they will lose the very
people they need right now.

No comments: