22 December 2008

Cannot Get Into The Mood...Can You?

Evening, all.

I have had something bugging me these past few days which I feel is not getting as much airtime as it should be in the Media.

Are people actually not in the mood for Christmas, this year.  Because let me tell you something.  I am certainly not in the mood for it this year.  My mother, for one is working both Christmas Day and Boxing Day, more known in this house, as her Birthday, so there is that to think about, personally.

But I also get the feeling, more generally that with the Credit Crunch, truly beginning to hit the country in general, shown in recent weeks with the impending demise of Woolworths, that people are very fearful of the future.  It is all well and good for department stores and companies to be doing 70% Sale Offers, but if people do not know whether or not they are nopt going to have jobs in the upcoming weeks and months, then that money will not be leaving that wallet!

Which obviously means that others will follow Woolworths and fall into that trapdoor.

And the whole vicious cycle begins again....

And the whole point is, that with one company falling, the aftershocks will affect other, smaller companies and shops where trade will be lost.

Can you blame people for not being in the mood?

Rob :( 

No comments: