7 December 2008

Pondering The Week Ahead

Evening,

I have one of those all too rare weeks ahead of me, I have got it away from work!  I have never taken any time off work in December, so I am looking forward to having some long lay ins whilst the rest of humanity have to get into work in the freezing, Arctic cold as predicted by weather forecasters.  You can see what the weather is like down here in Folkestone, by looking on the left hand side of the blog via Weather Online (thanks!)

As for the cold, I still have that and it is getting more and more frustrating, particularly as it is now affecting the chest and the advise from all the quacks is that you should not go to the gym specifically if the cold is affecting your chest.  This is particularly the case, as I have a dormant form of Asthma, which has not affected me for years, yet from time to time such as now, has a tendency of rearing its ugly head when I really do not want it to!

I have decided that I will be continuing to go to the gym, but I am only going to be doing weights for the time being, as I only use the muscles around my limbs and back.  I believe that if I was to do anything such as Cardiovascular work then, the chest could come into play, which really would not be good for anyone!

As for my current size, I am wearing an extremely tight, yet gorgeous pair of jeans which contort around the hips.  I have had these for some three years and yet it is only now that I have been able to get into them!   I have also checked my weight these last few weeks and it has stabilized between 13st and 13 and a half stone.  I said to myself when I started this regime, that if I got to Christmas around that area, then that would be really good progress.  However, in my opinion I need to get down towards the 11st mark.  I have given myself till late April when I go to Alton Towers like I did last year.  Think that if I was to get towards that area then the circumstances going into that weekend could be substantially different to how they were this April just gone!

Back to now, and on Friday I have the company's Christmas Party to look forward.  The thinking is that hopefully the cold/cough/cattarh would have met its timely death by that point and I can go there and have a good time.  This will probably be followed by the usual gathering down Indigo with all those other revellers who have survived up till then.  I was wanting to go on some major bike-rides this week but sadly my bike has to have its brake-blocks repaired which is something that I cannot deal with, yet my sister can.  

But she is working this week, so she does not have enough time to deal with it.

Shame.

Rob :)

No comments: