27 December 2008

A Thought To The Future...

Evening, all.

I was thinking last night about the coming year and what it would bring for me.  I am going to give my own thoughts over the coming next few days regarding the rest of the world, but for now I feel I need to give my hopes and ideas on what I hope will happen in my own personal and private life.

First things first, I have been back home with both my mother and my sister since February, when I had to move back home following the sudden and necessary departure of my housemate due to personal reasons, and at that time I did not have the sufficient funds to be able to maintain my own flat.  This, I hope is going to change with my job situation changing, as I am back in a position to affect how much I earn every month - in other words, commission. 

Kerching!

I am wanting to be able to move into my own place, (note, own place) towards the middle of the year, with several parts of Folkestone being looked at myself.  There is an particular flat which I am very interested in at the moment, which is rent-wise, pretty cheap for the part of town where it is situated - which is important, as I want to get an equilibrium between home and work, because like before, I will probably be going up and seeing my mother and sister on an extremely regular basis, almost everyday! 

However, there is the need, to have my own independence, which as much as my mother tries to disagree with, is extremely hard, if not impossible to have whilst I am residing at home.  For heaven sake, I am 26 years old and although there is a lot of young people my age who live on this estate who are still at home, I am extremely determined to get away from here.  Not because I do not want to be near my family. 

Far from it.  I just want to be away from the estate where I have had endured some pretty sickening taunting over the years.  Of course, it has subsided, almost completely but I do not want to have anything to do with the area, if I can have anything to do with it.

When I am walking up from work or after I have finished at the gym of an evening, I do feel threatened from the hordes of youngsters which trail the street corners up here.  I do not want to have worry about that anymore.  I just want to be able to worry about myself.  I have given up four years of my career, by living at home.  It is blindingly obvious to me that I will not get anywhere in my company, if I am seen as still living at my mother's, as sad as that is.  This needs to be done and that is the end of that.

Moving on to work prospects for the coming year.  As you have probably guessed, I have gone back to my previous job, however for security reasons on behalf of the company I cannot disclose what specific position it is that I work in.  As I said above it does involves earning commission, so the possibilities of how much I earn can vary from month to month. 

But it is not difficulty to presume that I would be earning over £1,000 per month after Tax and NI, when you take commission and overtime into consideration.  This will be great, however money consideration will only dominate my mind for a certain period of time, until essentially I get bored of it!

That is when it is going to time, to take a long, hard and careful look at where my career is going.  I have admitted in recent weeks, that I will probably have to take myself elsewhere within the sector that I work in currently, if I feel that I cannot get to where I want to be, for one reason or another.  I have expressed my displeasure on numerous occasions regarding the way that I was treated between the time I was told that my previous job was being dissolved and being told where there was vacancies. 

However, now is not the time for throwing the shit at those who fucked me over.  It is the time to knuckle down and care about number one. 

Me.

 

No comments: